Monday, July 19, 2010

Hey Hon Remember Duffy's in Baltimore?


































What blew me away listing this item was that I had it in my estate stuff. I do not remember ever seeing it before. But Downsizers, it instantly took me back in times to the Old Duffy's Restaurant on Frederick Avenue in the Irvington part of Baltimore in days gone by. I can remember walking with my mother down Old Frederick Road to the shortcut dirt path we called Schoolhouse Lane over to Frederick Avenue near the Memorial Methodist Church, Dr. Johnson's office, and the #8 Streetcar. Ahh the smells and sounds coming out of  Duffy's as we walked into the friendly warm restaurant part on the right side of the building. It was fun seeing our friend the waitress Mrs. Sachs. Crabs of all sorts and other tasty items. But alas the Old Duffy's is gone...yes there is a new Duffy's but the old one can only be rerun in our memories. What I wouldn't give to be able to go back into time and see all these old memories with the me of today! Anyway if any of you have Duffy memories please add them here for us to enjoy! I was not able to find any even on google! My mother used to like their chicken livers when she took her granddaughters there one daughter just told me. Cousin Bill just emailed his memory " That wonderful seafood odor going past their place." So true! It drove you crazy just driving by! Now I don't know if this card actually came from Our Old Duffy's because there is no address but it came out of one of my Maryland estates and  you know what ...nice creed! It actually is a little lighter beige/tan than I can get on the scanner. Edgewear as shown on the pic. A piece of Baltimore that is gone. There might be a new Duffy's but it cannot capture the old one. But I cannot prove this card came from there. About 3 1/2 inches wide by about 5 inches high. If you are interested in bidding on this creed, click here:

Downsizer.Webstore.com

No comments:

Post a Comment