Monday, June 21, 2010

Baltimore's Black Bag Brigade

At any of our family get togethers in Baltimore you might have heard "Has anyone seen my bag?" And someone would always  say "What does it look like?". And always everyone's answer was "BLACK"! I bet I could count on one hand the number of purses that have passed through our doors that weren't black. I tried. I truly tried to step out of the Old Bags' Black Bag Brigade when
a couple of weeks ago the cutest little dog Browser decided to chew my purse to pieces  during a Bible meeting. He chewed the straps right off ! Now it being a Walmart classic $12.00 Rollback it would have cost more to buy the duct tape than a new one. So I went in thinking to replace it and there were none to be found. I had been looking weeks. But everytime I picked up a cream one, or a red one or a gold one or a white one an inner voice said NOOOOOOO something might happen! You will be cursed! And it won't go with all  your clothes so with that I would shudder and put it back.

Well for those of you who are familiar with this Tampa area, you already know the HSN shopping outlet and the Bealls Outlet stores are all around here. Both filled with purses and purses. And last week I meandered into Bealls Outlet in Sun City Center the best place ever to shop, especially on Mondays when you get extra off for being a senior and stepped closer and closer into the aisles of purses! I found a beautifully made Kathy Van Zeeland purse with more compartments than my husband's fishing boxes! Snazzy! Ahh the cell phone will fit there. A ha! It comes in gold, copper and of  course you guessed it black! I picked up the gold because I love gold jewelry and thought I am gonna do it ..I AM gonn a do it...get the gold...get the gold ..and here it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment