Wednesday, October 15, 2014

THE FATHER OF THE AMERICAN CARTOON

People, Pics, Words and Experiences worth remembering and passing on.



 
Wednesday, October 15, 2014

WHO IS THOMAS NAST?

This postcard that I came across while searching for my Postcard Traveler Blog postcards took me back to when I was a kid and read and read my old children's books. I thought : This illustration was so much like the pics in those books. I loved the figures, feelings, colors! But they kinda creeped me out and yet fascinated me with their expressions, big heads, dark shadows. They made me wonder if they were afraid or what the heck was going on. So after looking on the back and seeing that the illustration was by Thomas Nast I started my "internet rabbit chasing" on Thomas Nast and was really impressed with the accomplishments of this man and the interesting details of his life. He was called the father of the American Cartoon.
Check him out here:
Check this postcard out on Ebay here:












No comments:

Post a Comment