Saturday, October 23, 2010

Duffys of Baltimore




















What blew me away listing this item was that
I had it in my estate stuff.
I do not remember ever seeing it before.
But Downsizers, it instantly took me back
in times to the Old Duffy's Restaurant on
Frederick Avenue in the Irvington part of
 Baltimore in days gone by. I can remember
walking with my mother down Old Frederick
Road to the shortcut dirt path we called
Schoolhouse Lane over to Frederick Avenue
near the Memorial Methodist Church,
Dr. Johnson's office, and the #8 Streetcar.
Ahh the smells and sounds coming out of
Duffy's as we walked into the friendly
warm restaurant part on the right side of the
building. It was fun seeing our friend
the waitress Mrs. Sachs. Crabs of all
sorts and other tasty items. But alas
the Old Duffy's is gone...yes there is a
new Duffy's but the old one can only be
rerun in our memories. What I wouldn't
give to be able to go back into time and
see all these old memories with the me of
today! Anyway if any of you have
Duffy memories please add them here
for us to enjoy! I was not able to find
any even on google! My mother used
to like their chicken livers when she took
her granddaughters there one daughter
just told me. Cousin Bill just emailed his
memory " That wonderful seafood odor
going past their place." So true! It drove
you crazy just driving by! Now I don't
know if this card actually came from
Our Old Duffy's because there is no address
but it came out of one of my Maryland estates
and you know what ...nice creed!
It actually is a little lighter beige/tan than
I can get on the scanner. Edgewear as
shown on the pic. A piece of Baltimore
that is gone. There might be a new Duffy's
but it cannot capture the old one. I cannot
prove this card came from there but this
estate was 5 minutes from Duffys.

No comments:

Post a Comment