Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Bye Bye Lipton's Meat Loaf













MMMM. Meat loaf ...food for the soul of the weary and worried! This really worked back in the 60's when I would come home from teaching and needed something in an hour AND it would last for two nights! Lipton Dehydrated Onion Soup Mix was on the "cutting edge" of spicing things up back then! And you know what? I still like it to "spice things up"! One thing I have noticed in dealing with recipes from back then is I have to adjust the bread to the yucky breads of today filled with preservatives and additives. It usually takes more or better still use a substitute for the bread. Oh! and don't forget to watch the size of your eggs.

Well any meat loaf lovers or haters out there? Feel free to comment and give suggestions as to what makes yours special.

This one goes bye bye, but I have added it to my new cookbook I am creating of all past favorite recipes from my family in my Living Cookbook electronic recipe organizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment