Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Remember BaltImore Heat Before AC? What did YOU do?

 Whew! Nothing worse than humid  Baltimore heat before AC. I remember getting dressed to go to my summer job at St. Agnes Hospital (when everyone wore white outfits) being totally soaked before I even left the house!

I remember the ol stories about that was how Catonsville got settled. City people buying houses out there that were cooler!

Well in 1944 here is what my cuz,the Champ,  and her family and friends did! Remember Betterton MD? What do you remember was there when you went to have fun and be cooler? Took my Missouri husband there about 12 years ago and found where it USED to be and the memory of my high school's cruise over to there from the downtown harbor on the Betterton Ferry popped back in my mind! Only in our minds and pics now but maybe some day someone will revive it with happy times instead of many condos!

No comments:

Post a Comment