Tuesday, April 2, 2019

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN ... DON PETERSON NASA


Years ago Cousin Bill fell in love and married June from Mississippi. 
Good cooking, laughter, children 
So much fun....

And then Family got invited to Cousin June's brother-in-law's launch into space from Florida.
Everyone got to go. But I didn't because back then teacher's didn't get leave unless they were near death. And it was during my years teaching in Year Round School I believe.


But I heard all the details and left my  body and went with them spiritually
.
So exciting!
Tales of seeing a lightning bolt travel across Africa is one of my favorite memories.
And if you have the old National Geographic Mags he was the one on the cover that showed him and the earth and the spacecraft while he was space walking.
Don Peterson was a kind, soft spoken man who made you feel like you had know him all your life
When JW and I visited our Texas cousins in the years we traveled before we moved to Florida we were invited to do a tour of Johnson Space Center with Don.
He would explain the stuff we saw and tell us what he did up there in the spacecraft areas as we looked at them.
It was so cool to watch other tourists walking by who would hear him telling us about his experience and by the time we finished we had quite a group!
Another special memory I cherish is him giving a phone interview to one of my grandsons up in Loudon County in his later retired years.
A while ago I was downsizing my paper pics while deciding which ones to pass on to our kids and which ones to toss. I came across the one shown above and decided to Google Don on Facebook to see how he was doing  and sadly I found he has passed on this year also.
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
ONE SMALL STEP FOR A MAN BUT ….
Thank you Don....

No comments:

Post a Comment