Thursday, May 19, 2016

IF YOU ARE ON MEDICARE AND ARE PLANNING ON MOVING TO FREDERICKSBURG VA THINK TWICE AND READ THIS

I have had to move back to Fredericksburg VA  recently from Florida. 
Yesterday morning I started calling internal medicine doctors listed on the internet medical sites to find a new base doctor.
By LUNCH TIME I finally found my first one that had an opening but not til September! I hope my prescriptions last!
The receptionists at each place politely told me they had their limit of Medicare patients at:
Colonial Internal Medicine Associates who then refused to take me.
Dr Ameen's group on Rt 3 same thing.
One physician's receptionist  in downtown Fredericksburg was so kind as to tell me he takes info from potential patients and reviews it and decides which ones he will accept.
One receptionist at a location that wouldn't take any Medicare patients advised me to call Mary Washington Hospital for referrals. I did. They didn't . They put me on Voicemail and never returned my call for help!
Far different than Florida! No Dr Chiaramonte, Dr Grave, Dr Gassett or Dr Hendrick  up here!!!
THIS STINKS OF DISCRIMINATION AGAINST SENIOR CITIZENS!!!!
I would like to pursue this issue!!!!
Anybody else know what seniors can do to change this legally?
I hope there is some place in this town to help newcomers to the area soon. This is pitiful and very different from when I lived here twenty years ago! Shame on you medical world here! Florida physicians complain but don't refuse people!

No comments:

Post a Comment